Friday, October 02, 2009

A House Divided

Yesterday after work I returned to my scooter, which was parked in one of the [fantastic] new Smallish City scooter-parking areas. I noticed that every other scooter there had a little white paper notice attached to it somewhere, but mine did not. I pulled one off a friend's Vespa to investigate. It was a crudely photocopied invitation to the first-ever Smallish City scooter rally! To be held on Columbus Day, at the oceanfront park!

At the bottom of the invitation, it said "So that we can all ride together, maximum engine size 150cc. 50cc preferred. [italics original]".

So. My scooter is a 150. Looks just the same as a 50, just has a little more juice under the hood. Believe it or not, I can ride just as slowly as a 50cc scooter. But apparently, I will be, at best, tolerated at the scooter rally. Clearly, the person passing out invites purposefully skipped over my little red scoot. Not invited.

Well. I don't like the way they play. I may just show up anyway, with my bad-ass monster-engine scooter, wearing my black leather, smoking, and lurking on the fringes of their little party, revving my engine menacingly. They best be careful.

3 Comments:

Blogger brushfiremedia said...

What an idiot. I think you don't actually want to be associating with those sorts of twits.

I think you should host your own that same weekend: 150cc minimum.

10/3/09, 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Valerie said...

Ha! Nice.

10/4/09, 1:38 PM  
Anonymous Ivory said...

Stand your ground. There's room in this world for all kinds - people need to learn to tolerate those who are different from themselves.

10/5/09, 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home