Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Up On The Roof

There's little to no sun in the Turbopalace backyard, and the soil is (I assume) infested with lead, so I've never considered having a vegetable garden. But this year I decided to try farming on the roof, which gets plenty of sun. Getting to the roof involves a ladder climb and some scrambling, which would be a bit annoying on a daily basis-- so my parents kindly sent me a "self-watering tomato container kit" (this was before we knew that any old flowerpot put outdoors this summer would be self-watering). I also planted several pots of peppers and some basil. The tomatoes got knocked down by wind several times, and I'm not sure they're going to produce anything. But the peppers are doing great up there.There is also another experiment happening on the roof, which you can read about on the sub-blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Where are you?

9/7/09, 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home