Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Google Maps Bloopers, Part I

A few days after returning from 10 nights on the boat (!!), I asked Google Maps for directions to the Knox County Airport (I got a glider ride for my birthday! It was excellent!). This is the map I got:

The corresponding text directions to this route would read, roughly: "Take old abandoned railroad tracks and generally cut cross-country to Rockland. Then hie on out across the bay for Owl's Head. Take a bee-line across Owl's Head, then hang a left out into Penobscot Bay and keep going-- stay dry!-- until you get close to the Fox Island Thorofare. Then sharp right through the water and drop anchor somewhere around Hurricane Island."

It's almost like Google knew where I'd rather be...

3 Comments:

Blogger brushfiremedia said...

Yikes.

Also: glider ride?!!? Jealous!

9/9/09, 8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At one time (Oh..I'll have to check)..if you asked for directions from NYC to PaRIS...it would tell you to swim across the ocean...

9/10/09, 1:50 AM  
Blogger Claire Colvin said...

10 nights on the boat?!!? Jealous!

Was there coffee and early morning fog?

9/10/09, 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home