Sunday, February 10, 2008

Birds/Bees/Dogs/Cats

I recently became a "Big Brother" (through the Big Brothers / Big Sisters organization). My own (real-life) little brother is pushing 40 himself (sorry man), so it's been quite a while since I had any real "big brother" duties, and I feel rather rusty. In particular I was expecting that I might have to field some questions about "the ways of the world", and prior to my initial meeting with Little, I had given some thought about how to answer them. But each time I thought we were heading for a serious man-talk, I was mistaken. The conversations often went like this:

Little: Turbo, can I ask you a question?
Turbo: Sure. What's on your mind.
Little: I was wondering. Do you think we could turn on the radio?
Turbo: Uh, sure.
------
Little: Turbo, I've been meaning to ask you something.
Turbo: Okay-- what do you want to know?
Little: I was trying to remember if it's Wendy's or Burger King that has the Whopper.
Turbo: I think it's Burger King.
------
Little: Turbo, I've been wondering about something for a while.
Turbo: What's that Little?
Little: Do you think the ducks in the park go inside for the winter, or do they fly south?
Turbo: To tell you the truth, I'm not sure.

So, I was a little off guard, tonight, for this one:

Little: Turbo, I was going to ask you a question.
Turbo: Go ahead Little [Yes, you can have a glass of water? No, I don't have cable? Yes, my car has a sunroof?]
Little: When cats or dogs make love, is it the same as when people do?
Turbo: Uh... how do you mean, "same"?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turbo, it was so great how you were able to stay in "the objective" all the way to the 'finale' question... and even then you squeaked out the tentative question...which shows the way that 'big brother' is able to guide the 'littles' of the world. You rule!

2/10/08, 8:55 PM  
Blogger NeoNurseChic said...

That's funny! And I'm curious to know how he then answered your question! This could have been not so bad, or gotten rather interesting...!

Carrie :)

2/11/08, 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home