Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Smart Food

This evening at Pricey Health Food Store I parked the (non)TurboMobile next to an identical twin of itself. The other car's owner and I arrived back at the cars at the same time. "Thought maybe if I parked them together, they'd have babies", I said.

"Look at my rear window!", she said, "I can't afford any more babies!"

She closed her hatchback, revealing the following stickers:

BATES
CONNECTICUT COLLEGE
JOHNS HOPKINS
BOSTON COLLEGE
U PENN

Wow. Maybe I should eat more food from that store...

3 Comments:

Blogger girl MD said...

they probably all grew up on Kraft macaroni and cheese and fish sticks. How else could they afford all those pricey colleges and now shop at pricey health food stores?

5/24/06, 1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, I do the same thing - park my car next to others of the same make. Perhaps I feel some connection to the other owners because they invariably face similar repair bills as I do, but I've often secretly hoped that the cars would fall in love and make babies. That way, I would have a much more economical source for spare parts. I think others share this philosophy, because more often than not, I find my car cozied up to another VW.

On the other hand, my VW two cars ago (they've *all* been VWs) was a major hypochondriac that liked the attention of greasemonkeys, and I had to speed up anytime we were near a dealership because it had this tendency to delight in a gurgly "doctor!" whenever it saw the shop and promptly sputter like it was dying.

5/24/06, 5:19 PM  
Blogger Turbo said...

Although the new Subaru is boring me to tears, I will say this in its favor: It has gone 8,000 miles without returning to the dealership. I believe the VW had made six visits to the "doctor" before 4,000 miles.

5/24/06, 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home