Friday, May 19, 2006

Can't Live Without It

Stopped by the soda machine just now for my habitual Diet Coke. There I ran into the same social worker mentioned in the previous post about potato chips. Her eye grew large. "Whoa!", she cried out, "you drink soda! Oh my god! That blows me away! I thought you were perfect!" Apparently I need to work on my squeaky-clean image here.

Later an elderly patient came running down the hall after me.

Pt: "Dr. Turbo! Dr. Turbo! I'm going shopping today. I have a very important list of things I need!"
Dr. Turbo (hoping against hope that the list includes a badly-needed brassiere): "Well, show me your list, let's have a look."

The list:

PURPLE BATHROBE WITH PINK AND YELLOW FLOWER
PURPLE SLIPPERS (FURRY)
BARBIE (PURPLE DRESS)
PURPLE EARRINGS
COLORING BOOK

Dr. T: "My, you sure do like purple, don't you?"
Pt, emphatically: "I would die without my purple!"

4 Comments:

Blogger girl MD said...

it's scary to think that a little thing like soda can ruin her image of you. now, if you had been smoking a cigarette, that would shatter my image of you for sure. or, if you showed up to work in a purple bathrobe and fuzzy purple slippers. well, that would actually just be funny.

5/19/06, 7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait . . . you're not perfect?

5/19/06, 8:08 PM  
Blogger Katinka said...

That's it... can't read SOF anymore!

I mean, DIET coke????

(What is the world coming to?!)

5/19/06, 9:05 PM  
Blogger Turbo said...

What, you don't want me to keep my svelte boyish figure?

5/19/06, 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home