Monday, June 02, 2008

Stating The Obvious

Headline from last week's edition of Psychiatric News:

"War Exacts Heavy Mental Health Toll"

I am not sure why this could remotely be called news. Do the professional journals of Emergency Medicine docs have headlines like "War Found To Cause Increase In Physical Injuries"?

It sort of reminds me of the time a forensic psychologist asked me to write a letter to a court, on behalf of a patient, giving an opinion that "going to jail would not be in [this patient's] best interest". I actually started the letter before realizing the stupidity of it. Of course it wasn't in his best interest. His, or anyone else's-- excluding perhaps overnight protective custody intoxicated people. The whole point of going to jail is to make you unhappy. Not that I necessarily agree with jail as a concept in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home