Friday, June 06, 2008

Rules

Sitting alone here on a Friday night, it was tempting to break some of the rules of this blog. So I decided it was probably a good time to review the rules of this blog, which you may not even have been aware of.

Rules of This Blog

1) This blog will not discuss my romantic relationships, or lack thereof, because surely no good can come of that.
2) This blog will not blatantly appeal for the reader's pity.
3) This blog will not post more than one "cat post" per day.
4) This blog will not engage in political rants.
5) This blog will steer clear of reviewing books, movies, music, live performances, and TV shows, because, let's face it, no one cares what I think about them.
6) This blog will not reveal my true identity.
7) This blog will not be used to send "hidden" messages to any person.
8) This blog will not take the place of going out on a Friday night and doing something at least halfway sociable.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what are rules for, if not to be broken? and if they are broken, are you required to fix them?

6/6/08, 10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kind of wish I was meeting you tomorrow if I were to be going to the same place you *might* be going.

6/7/08, 1:34 AM  
Blogger fibby said...

Good thing my blog does not subscribe to the same list of rules - I've broken 7 out of 8 of yours.

6/7/08, 3:09 AM  
Blogger Legal Blondie said...

My blog is *premised* around the breaking of several of those rules. 'Cept the cat one. I've never written a post from a cat's perspective. Perhaps I should try that -- several times in one day -- just so that I can say I've broken everyone one of your arbitrary and capricious rules, mister!

6/7/08, 8:26 AM  
Blogger brushfiremedia said...

The only one that isn't arbitrary and capricious is the "Friday Night Rule". You should have called us. Or at least gchatted. We could have gotten you outta da howse!

6/7/08, 8:43 AM  
Blogger April said...

lofty goals!! haha

6/7/08, 10:21 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Arbitrary and capricious? Pfft. Rule 1 is worth the price of admission alone!

I must admit, though, appeals for pity (blatant or subtle) are often my stock in trade, blog-wise. :)

6/8/08, 11:16 AM  
Blogger C Neal said...

I'm trying to imagine what your most taboo blog post would be about. It would have to be a love letter (rule 1) written on a Friday night (8, and 2), addressed anonymously but signed with your real name and place of residence (rules 6 and 7). It would also include a lengthy digression commenting angrily on the right-wing bias evident in the latest episode of America's Next Top Model (4, 5). Finally, the love letter would secretly be addressed to your cat (rules 3 and 2).

6/9/08, 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home