Monday, November 02, 2009

Product

Moving to the quasi-suburbs next week. Will have a garage, soon. Need to fix the garage-door opener. Went to Sears website looking for the part. Found this, for $5.99, and started cracking up:What is it? It's an object on a string. You dangle it from the ceiling of your garage so it bumps on your windshield when your car is far enough in. A useful idea-- but do people actually buy these, rather than tie an object to a string and dangle it from the roof of the garage? Particularly amusing is that the product is advertised as being "completely automatic" (much in the way that, say, a coffee mug is "automatic") and that "complete installation instructions are included". (I am envisioning the "troubleshooting" section of the "instructions" as being especially potentially amusing.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Seeing as my mother has both backed through the garage door and crashed into the house, I'd say it's $6 well spent.

11/2/09, 12:47 PM  
Blogger brushfiremedia said...

You bought one, Turbo. Admit it.

11/2/09, 6:25 PM  
Blogger Turbo said...

i did NOT buy one. I did buy the IDEA of tying a 2¢ piece of string, which I already have, to a 14¢ used tennis ball, which I also already have, and hanging this "completely automatic" system from my garage ceiling.

11/2/09, 7:16 PM  
Blogger Turbo said...

i did NOT buy one. I did buy the IDEA of tying a 2¢ piece of string, which I already have, to a 14¢ used tennis ball, which I also already have, and hanging this "completely automatic" system from my garage ceiling.

11/2/09, 7:16 PM  
Anonymous Ivory said...

Yes, people do buy these and they totally work. Not everyone can tye a string around a tennis ball.

11/3/09, 8:28 AM  
Blogger nn said...

Very funny!

11/13/09, 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home