Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ringing In My Ears

I like to think that I'm as charitable as the next thrifty yankee, but this morning I am starting to feel distinctly Scrooge-y. This because a woman has been standing outside my office window all morning, incessantly ringing a bell, to solicit charitable contributions.
You would be amazed at her stamina, and also at just how mind-frazzlingly loud this little bell is. It pretty much sounds like my pager has been going off continuously for the past two hours. I am thinking of going out at lunch and offering her a $50 donation to move over outside Girltuesday's law office instead... where they have the big indemnifying sidewalk signs that say "DANGER: FALLING ICE - PASS AT YOUR OWN RISK" (just like a bunch of lawyers, huh?)

Oh, she stopped for a moment! But is was just to switch hands... aieeee... my head...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that would be lovely, tg. send her over. it would be the icing on my cake this week.

12/12/07, 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home