Monday, June 12, 2006

I Know I'm Staff, Because I Have The Keys

I was just thinking, this morning, how strange it would now seem to work in a place where all the doors were open. Where you could move from hallway to conference room to office to outdoors without unlocking every door you pass through, and making sure that it locks again behind you.

I just did a rough estimate, and figure I unlock at least 7,000 doors annually at Green Acres. Minimum 35,000 since I started here. Quite possibly twice that. This has got to have some sort of effect on a person's psyche. I wonder if anyone has studied it...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

35000 doors and how many minds?

6/12/06, 3:06 PM  
Blogger The Locum said...

Laughed out loud at the title. Wicked!

6/12/06, 3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In nursing school in the late 70s, our instructor made sure we knew 2 things - the staff were the ones with the keys, and NEVER go anywhere at the VA hospital campus without at least one other student with you - even to the female staff bathrooom! Thus did the realitities of a VA locked ward psych rotation meet with a Catholic college education.

6/16/06, 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home