Monday, April 03, 2006

How To Open A Bottle Of Beer Without A Bottle Opener, Part III

After a day at Green Acres, a beer is about all I could think about. Also, the posts on opening beer have garnered more comments than any other topic in the history of this blog. So I'm returning to that topic. Give the people what they want.

Adrift At Sea recently sent in a link to another beer bottle opening suggestion, a piece of jewelry that doubles as an opener. Clever. But still we do not have a viable method using only body parts. Unless you want to try any of the techniques shown in this video.

Speaking of beer, I wish I could tell you about the idea Co-Chief and I came up with today for my future. This was generated after reading just the initial few sentences of a bargain-table ($6.95) book I bought yesterday called "How To Find The Work You Love". The first paragraph said, "Write down what it is you really enjoy and can do well". So I did, and then my first instinct was to tear it up, because it seemed degenerate and unprofitable. But on further thought I had great insight, and emailed Co-Chief the idea. All I can really tell you is that it involves beer and writing. He immediately replied with a book title, which I have to tell you is a real winner.

I wish I could say more about it, but I can't-- I don't want anyone stealing the idea and/or dying trying it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I am boycotting this thread until I get my prize! (after this comment, of course!)

4/4/06, 8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, the problem you're encountering isn't addressed by the video either... as they're using bottles with TWIST-OFF caps... That really isn't a problem, unless you have really bad carpal tunnel, or no hands.

The real problem is the bottles that have the pry off only caps...Personally, I go for technology over brute force any day, and the ring was kind of interesting.

I've ordered one for a beer-guzzling friend of mine, for his birthday.... I'll let you know what he thinks of it.

4/4/06, 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home