Thursday, March 30, 2006

I Love Having A Place To Rant

I've just been thinking-- isn't "loved ones" sort of a stupid phrase? What are the people who are not "loved ones"-- are they unloved? Isn't that sort of sad? Shouldn't we befriend the unloved ones, and help them?

And what is this "ones" business, anyway? What kind of "ones"? Aren't we just talking about people? Or can "loved ones" include animals, such as 9? Can it include inanimate objects? Boats? 517 is very fond of his collection of darelict Saabs. One is missing an engine, but he told me tonight that he loves that car. Is it a "loved one"?

Also (I'm on a roll, don't stop me) who the hell decide that "one" could be pluralized? That's crap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katinka said...

Good point...it's a bit Victorian sounding isn't it?

(yes, 9 should definitely be included as a Loved One)

3/31/06, 1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not a "loved one." A love. As in, spread the.

3/31/06, 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home