Thursday, December 18, 2008

Honesty: Best Policy

We had a good sized ice storm here last Friday. Big mess, lots of folks without power, heat (which is important, apparently, to some people), drinking water.

My patients all cancelled that day so I never came in to the office. And because I didn't come to work, I didn't return a DVD to the video store across from my office. So when I finally took it back after the weekend, I owed them $2.00 in late fees.

The guy at the counter said, "But we'll waive the late fee if you kept it because you lost power in the storm and couldn't watch your movie."

I said that was very thoughtful of them, but that no, remarkably, I had never lost power.

He said, "Well, in that case we'll give you a credit for a free rental for being honest." Value: $3.50. Nice.

1 Comments:

Blogger brushfiremedia said...

I smell smug.

12/18/08, 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home