Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Update On Toast

For a month of so now I’ve been making toast every morning at Green Acres, just after nursing report and before diving in to the day’s activities. To be technical, it isn’t toast, it’s English muffins—but same idea. Overall I would say the effect has been positive. As previously discussed, the aroma seems to have a calming effect on all within wafting range.

It seems, however, that I have become the staff’s “butter daddy”. I’ve been bringing in a half-pound tub of butter every couple weeks, of which I use perhaps a few tablespoons before it’s all gone. I don’t mind, except I fear I might be contributing to obesity. I suppose I could label the tub “Dr. Turbo’s – DO NOT TOUCH” but that doesn’t seem very congenial.

Along the same topic, I would like to buy my unit staff a gift for the holidays, but am stumped for ideas. It should be usable by all, which is roughly 30, working three different shifts. It should not contribute to obesity or smoking. It should not be outrageously expensive. It can’t be a new coffeemaker, because I gave that last year. Any ideas?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

year's supply of butter? toast AND butter? wait, i know: a new toaster.

11/22/06, 9:49 AM  
Blogger ClinkShrink said...

A Coffee Of The Month membership.

11/23/06, 11:39 AM  
Blogger DrivingMissMolly said...

Do you have a water cooler subscription at work? If not, a cooler would be a great way to insure everyone stays hidrated.

How about "fruit of the month," or even flowers for a visual and calorie-free gift!

Take Care!

11/24/06, 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A hand-made bird, crafted by someone who knows birds, peeking down from a high place. Or several swallows, hung from above, as though stilled for a moment as they pass through (not dangling and turning or rocking and jiggling). Or a hand crafted teapot decorated with fishes or antelopes -- tactile, made by someone's hand, recalling the outside world, life and motion.

11/27/06, 3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know you or what your workplace is like, so any suggestions are out of left field, but people might become fond of one of these things: http://www.oaxacanwoodcarving.com/gallextic.html

(I don't have any commercial ties to this company.)

Remember, staff does not live by english muffin alone.

11/28/06, 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two of Turbomom's friends who are faithful Dr. Turbo readers vote for Harry and David fruit.

Turbomom, however, has just found out that the smallish state has (only one) Peppridge Farm outlet store in Kittery where, unlike our PF outlet, one can buy Godiva chocolate. My vote is for the antioxident loaded, healthful, dark chocolate. Love, TM

12/6/06, 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home