Wednesday, May 03, 2006

On the roof, it’s peaceful as can be, and there the world below don't bother me, no

This J.T. song, which has been running through my brain today, offered some insight. Perhaps the problem is not with the roof. Perhaps the problem is me, and my relationship to the roof. If, the song says, I am on the roof, the world below the roof don't bother me. Of course! The roof cannot drip on me, if I am standing atop it. I could simply set up my tent on the roof. I have weathered many rainstorms in my tent. I'll just move up there every time it rains.

Or, I was thinkning about Chernobyl. They enclosed the reactor in a concrete sarcophagus, but the sarcophagus is cracking and beyond repair. So they're building a hanger over the whole thing, to enclose the sarcophagus that encloses the reactor. Maybe I could build a hanger over my roof, instead of continuing this charade of trying to repair it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katinka said...

(Ayiyi..renting doesn't seem so bad now)

Sorry things have been so frustrating lately! I'm amazed at your ability to see the humour and the irony in all of this. Good for you!:)

5/4/06, 3:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I could build a hanger over my roof, instead of continuing this charade of trying to repair it.

My landlord actually did this to my roof. Mostly works. It's loud, though. And it's ugly. But the relationship to failed nuclear reactors had escaped me—maybe it's kind of badass.

5/4/06, 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home