Sunday, January 18, 2009

Making Love In A Subaru

Not surprisingly, Subarus and "sexy" have never really gone together in anyone's mind. Perhaps because the cars are, well, not sexy (much as I love them). Which makes this ad from the 70's all the more amusing. "Take hold of her rack..."? For real, someone wrote this? Man, I need to trade my wagon in for one of these old GL coupes...

P.S. I think of the whole ad, I laughed loudest at the part describing the "relentless power" of the 1.4L engine. Uh... yeah...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally. Fabulous. I'm trying to think of the equivalent that I used to read in my grandmother's Ladies' Home Journals of the '70s. Now that it's OK to print ads with ladies wearing next to nothing, we've really lost the textual mojo of the '70s. What a shame.

1/18/09, 1:09 PM  
Blogger brushfiremedia said...

Wow. I mean... umm... just, wow.

1/18/09, 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry, tg. i'm not so sure you want the comments i have to offer on this post. . . instead, i'll just say: WTF?!?

1/21/09, 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home