Thursday, September 27, 2007

Military Industrial Complex

Lately I've been watching some of the PBS documentary on WWII (called simply The War). I watched Episode II at 517's house, in the basement (aka "man room"). As the credits were rolling at the end and I was walking back up the stairs to the kitchen, I heard the TV behind me saying "... corporate sponsorship for the war is provided by..." And for a moment, forgetting the name of the series, I thought they were talking about the Iraq war. And I wasn't really surprised, either, that there were going to be corporate sponsors listed. Perhaps this is one of the great differences between WWII and this current conflict.

On this general topic, by the way, I commend to you a quick re-reading of President Eisenhower's farewell address.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home