Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Plan for a Better World

A few things I wish would just stop:

1) Stickers on fruit and vegetables. This is just one step shy of putting stickers on people. It's just wrong.
2) Cigarettes thrown from car windows. Often still burning.
3) Dog crap in the middle of the sidewalk on my dark nocturnal walks.
4) The unstoppable thrice-daily spam I now receive from the hospital switchboard, advising me of the current temperature and windchill (while I am stuck indoors at work.)

A few things I hope don't stop:

1) The lighted time & temperature sign high above my city. Which, on rare days, is reprogrammed to read "SNOW BAN" or "SOX WIN!" or some such. It's been there for 40 years.
2) The person, or people, or crew, who snow-blow a skating space on the pond in the park.
3) Subaru all-wheel-drive. Even though I don't have one at the moment.
4) My cat's monthly empirical check to see if the "no cats on the counter" rule might have been repealed without notice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home