Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Still Time To Wish Belatedly

Yesterday was National Doctor's Day. Not that this gets much attention. I didn't even manage to get a single "happy National Doctor's Day!" out of the people who were unabashedly notified, by me, of the fact that it was National Doctor's Day. Even my doctor mother did not wish me a happy National Doctor's Day (nor, to be fair, did her doctor son call to wish her one.)

National Nurses Day, on the other hand, is only a prelude to the festivity-filled National Nurses Week (May 6-12) That one gets a lot more hoopla, or at least it does at Green Acres (donuts every morning, ice cream parties, games, pizza, awards, new car for every nurse, etc.) Not to sound bitter. I know nursing isn't easy. But neither is doctoring, sometimes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ladyk73 said...

Happy D day! Oh wait....

It was national social work month. The hospital did NOTHING!
After hoopla for every other profession.

So happy doctor day!

3/31/09, 11:32 AM  
Blogger brushfiremedia said...

There are too many "days" to start wishing everyone a "happy {{insert your profession, fad, or social awkwardness here}} day."

After all, no one wished me a happy Curmudgeon Day. And so close to my birthday, too.

3/31/09, 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home